Monday, April 6, 2009

I survived a Herpetology class

Well, I am back from a very busy weekend with my Junior Girl Scout troop. My 7 girls and one other mom went to an environmental campout at Rock Eagle in Eatonton GA. It was fantastic. We were ina lake up to our knees with nets catching baby Bluegill fish, dragonfly nymphs,and tadpoles. We took a Herpetology class( the study of reptiles & amphibians).. yes ...me too.

We saw huge snapping turtle's GA's state turtle the Gopher Tortise, and all held a 6ft long ratsnake( he was really nice). We learned a lot and had a blast!!



My cute girl's


Sydney and Katie in the lake
What can we find?


Sydney with the snake


YIKE'S, yes me with the snake!

Let's seehow long he is


Yes, that's me!!!Ahhhhhhh

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I can't believe you did that! Miss come kill this bug! I am so proud of you! The things we do for our kids, huh?

I am cracking up at the picture of you holding that snake. I can just hear you, "Take it quick...before it bites me. Nobody will believe this unless I have a picture."